A couple of projects I've been working on over the past few weeks. On the one hand I feel rather uninspired lately when it comes to my clothes, on the other hand I don't want to buy too many new thigs because I have so much already. So refashion it is.
The simplest one might be my favorite: masking tape, some acrylic paint and old canterburies. I love everything with stripes or chevrons. My mind is spinning already with other household items I could paint.
Then my best friend asked me whether I could spice up a romper she got from her sister which she got her in London. It's a nice fabric (though unwilling to cooperate while photographing) but the cut and fit was hideous on her. Long puffy sleeves, ruffles on the front, buttons, shirring, the flower print... all in all a little bit too much going on.
So I cut the thing in two, took in the back, removed the sleeves and made flutter sleeves out of the excess fabric. Though I forgot to take pictures of it, they each sport three box pleats on top of the shoulder for some volume. Also I finished the armhole with orange bias tape... you know, just for fun.
For the shorts I used an old fabric belt from my stash, sewed it on and used wide elastic for a shirred effect. It clearly is only something for lounging or the bed but I think it'll be very comfortable.
Lastly I did a few changes to an 80s dress I bought 3 years ago.
Not sure about the length but I left it as is for now. I fixed the hole on the button tab, shortened the sleeves and made a heart cut-out on the back. Business in the front, party in the back, I guess.
Tomorrow I start a new evening class: medical english. I'm very excited but also nervous if my english will be enough to hold up with the other students. I hope it goes well.