First of all, thank you Donatella for giving me my first ever award:
I'm feeling very honored. So as for the 7-personal-things-part, here it comes:
1. While I don't enjoy camping or cooking, I like watching survival and cooking shows.
2. The second toe from the right on my right foot points to the tip of my right hallux. It's really crooked.
3. I love to complain. Mostly I'm not really annoyed, it's fun... I guess it's a German thing.
4. I hate, HATE buying food. Everything about it seems so unlogical: having to buy something that doesn't last very long, it takes time, money and energy to get it home. And after a couple of days I've got to do it all over again.
5. I don't remember the name of the boy I had my first kiss with... I'm really bad with names.
6. I'm good at speaking English, I suck at speaking French though I had both languages in school for years. So I guess there is a thing like having a gift for only certain languages.
7. My big love are action movies, thankfully my best friend shares this affectation. Terminator IV is our gold standard.
I'd like to give this award to the following blogs: While not being new discoveries per se, I enjoy reading them a lot and think they deserve as much traffic as they can get:
Now for the sewing-related part: I used the first pattern from the Knipmode-magazin I bought in the Netherlands. I made the drapey cardigan using a white light textured jersey, some satin ribbon and my serger.
Actually I think the fabric is the same one as the jersey that I used for my shrug, just a different color.
It turned out to be a very whimsical piece imo, something I usually don't do when getting dressed. Though it's such a simple piece I'm not sure yet how to combine it with the other things in my wardrobe.
Nevertheless I like how it turned out. Also I got to know the funktions of my serger a lot better as I used a rolled hem (at least that's what it's called in the manual) to finish all the edges.